Do you want to play WMV or WMA files on your Mac? If yes, then Flip4Mac would be the best solution for you.
Flip4Mac is a plugin that has its own multi-format video player allowing you to play all kinds of Windows media files in QuickTime player. With the help of this plugin, you not only able to play .wma and .wmv files in QuickTime player, but also be able to view Windows media content on the web using a web browser. It has advanced features, giving you the facility to import .wma and .wmv files so that you can edit and create these files for distribution.
The installation of Flip4Mac for Mac is quite simple that does not require much time and efforts to have this plugin on your Mac OS.
You can use various network protocols with Flip4Mac, such as MMS HTTP, HTTP, RTSP, and FTP. Also, it supports various file formats such as ASF, AVI, and ASX. This plugin enables you to handle Windows Media Video and Audio containers with great ease. Moreover, it supports many video codecs and audio codecs.
The free version of Flip4Mac for Mac is available, but if you want, you can upgrade to its paid version with more advanced features.
- Even when you play your video on the highest resolution, with this Flip4Mac it will look more clear and crisp.
- It has a unique web browser integration, which let you stream and listen to radio stations directly on the supported web browsers that include Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
- It has seamless integration with PowerPoint and Keynote presentations. Both can access .wmv and .wma files through Flip4Mac and you can also import .wmv and .wma files in PowerPoint and Keynote.
- It also enables you to playback Windows media files in QuickTime Player and in other QuickTime-based apps.
- It has its own multi-format media player app i.e. Flip Player
If you want to install this plugin on your Mac, make sure to meet its minimum system requirements.
Though it supports a lot of files and encoding formats, you can consider using it within a web browser.